Serving on the Friends of Penngrove PTA (FOPPTA) board is an amazing experience! You get to work with a wonderful group of parents, make decisions that truly affect Penngrove Elementary and learn about a national nonprofit organization. You can submit a nomination for yourself or a recommendation for another individual.
Check out this video from the current board to see more of the #PennPTA fun!
January 31st: Nomination forms due via Google Form at http://bit.ly/ptaboard
February 24th: Nomination committee report at 8:45 a.m. association meeting in the Multi
April 13th: Board elections at 6:00 p.m. association meeting in Room 3
If you have questions please contact Amy Fadeji at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions are listed in time commitment order from highest to lowest. All positions listed may not be a part of the 2020/21 FOPPTA Executive Board. Only those marked with * are required per California PTA bylaws. Full job descriptions are found at https://capta.org/pta-leaders/run-your-pta/job-descriptions/.
- Acts as the official contact for FOPPTA
- Prepares for and leads executive and association meetings
- Collaborates with Mrs. Fadeji to share PTA information and brainstorm school events
- Coordinates board liaisons, reviews reports and authorizes payments
- Assists the President with duties as needed
- Responsible for the Penngrove PTA website
- Tracks PTA funds and transactions
- Pays PTA bills and reimbursement requests and ensure taxes are completed
- Prepares and presents a treasurer’s report for every executive and association meeting
- Takes minutes at the board and association meetings
- Co-signs with the President authorizations for payment, resolutions, and formal letters
- Maintains and preserves all PTA records, including minutes from meetings
- Collaborates with the board and with Mrs. Fadeji regarding important school communications
- Assists the Treasurer by maintaining a record of all PTA funds collected, deposited and disbursed
- Coordinates membership drives, collects membership dues and distributes membership cards
- Promotes and publicizes PTA news and events
- Coordinates the Honorary Service Awards program
- Works with board and chairs to organize and recruit volunteers for PTA events and/or needs
- Audits all financial transactions/records and presents reports to board and association
- Captures, assembles and preserves record of activities and achievements of a PTA